Thursday, October 2, 2014

Paragraph

“What You Pawn I Will Redeem” has themes and morals that teach how to be a better person. A big theme in the story is to put others before yourself. Jackson Jackson needed to save money to buy back his grandmother’s regalia, but he used his money for others instead. “‘I’ve got twenty-five dollars I can spend. Bring us all the breakfast you can, plus your tip’” (Alexie 44). A moral in the story is good things happen to good people. Instead of helping himself, Jackson helped others with his money. However, in the end he still got his grandmother’s regalia even though he did not have enough money to buy  the regalia.
“Take it,’ he said, and held it out to me.
“I don’t have the money.”
“I don’t want your money.”
“But I wanted to win it.”
“You did win it. Now take it before I change my mind” (Alexie 45).

No comments:

Post a Comment