Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Don't Worry

Don’t Worry
You can confuse me all you want
With your multiple choice questions,
You may spit out endless grammar rules,
But it’s fine; I’ve got Mr. Arcand’s lessons.

 Does my writing upset you?
Your expression, its looking quite dark.
Don’t worry, I know it’s missing an apostrophe,
I know my punctuation marks.

 Does my word choice offend you?
Is it this sentence who makes you squirm?
Don’t worry, I know to use “which” instead,
I know my commonly confused words.

Does my grammar upset you?
does it cause you agitation?
Don’t worry, I know to make “d” uppercase,
I know the concept of capitalization.


Parody of Maya Angelou's "Still I Rise"
"Don't Worry" is a parody of Maya Angelou's "Still I Rise", written about the style and usage test. It incorporates several grammar mistakes and corrections as well in the topics of punctuation, commonly confused words, and capitalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment