Monday, February 22, 2016

The Poisoned Grammar Errors

I was angry with my writing:
I know my parallelism, but my punctuation did end.
I was angry with my concision:
I told it long, my sentences did grow.


And I misplaced the modifiers,
Night and morning with my wording;
And I sunned it with frustration,
And with my red eraser.


And errors grew both day and night,
Till I swore and cried with all my might.
And my pronoun cases did not shine.
But I knew that it was time,


And into my grammar test I go
When the capitalizations began to show;
In the test glad I see
My grammar skills finally became free.


Original:


I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.


And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.


And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine.
And he knew that it was mine,


And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree


Picture above from LINK

I chose this poem because it depicts the struggle that many students go through when trying to use proper grammar in their writing. Students sometimes have days when they feel they cannot write anything and that their grammar is completely wrong. This poem is easy to relate to and it is funny!


1 comment:

  1. Indeed is it a struggle for students to comprehend the proper grammar to use in their writing, and this was a creative way to depict that. :)

    ReplyDelete